Information to Display from Press Releases
Overview: The target of your release is a journalist. Headline text should hook the reader into wanting to explore the content of the full release. Expand your limited header with in the summary. Hook your reader so they want more.
HEADER (up to 80 characters max) Rule one, When writing your headline: remember to indicate the WHY. Why should the reader want to continue reading the PR.
1. Use SCO keywords in the first seven words of the header (most Important) continue with keywords related to the PR.
2. Gain help with keywords by using a keyword search tool to help select the high-frequency, top-ranked keywords.
SUMMARY(up to two sentences or 200 characters max)
A well-crafted subhead, summery or hook can expand upon the headline just enough to encourage the reader to keep reading. Remember your call to action so the reader goes on to the body text.
BODY(up to 4000 characters)
Todays individuals are busy, they want to preview, enjoy, take in the content fact before moving on.
You may wish to include some of the information with in the body
1. First sentence Introduction: Continue hooking the reader with your opening sentence that will grab them to want more. Progress on with the first paragraph being strong, teasing, short and very descriptive.
2. Author two supporting paragraphs for the main theme of your PR.
3. First Paragraph: feature three main points of the PR.
4. Second Paragraph: illustrate main features of the PR.
5. Third Paragraph: use Quote, anecdote or references. Add a Quote like a real person speaks. Quotes are a dynamic part of a press release, they are fun, quirky, engaging and keeps the reader wanting to ready more.
6. Write a strong conclusion: Wrap up your PR with a strong closing summary. You do not have time or space to provide the reader with definitive topic. Leave your reader hungry for more arguments or information on your main topic.
7. Review, revise, and edit your content.
8. I recommend you engage an editor and a final proof reader.
9. Submit your Press Release.
Following are 5 unique ways to end a press release. They can replace or augment your (short) boiler. Try them and let us know what they do for you.
We have designed the following press release template for you to find the best value in and which has been tweaked to make your press release work better for you.